Categories: Family, Photography
I saw these rules on FB and found them to be helpful. I wanted to share the rules with my two sons, Andy and Joey.
RULES TO TEACH YOUR SON
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. If you are set to meet at 3:30, be there at 3:25.
3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king. lol
4. In a negotiation, never take the first offer.
5. Go out of your way to open the door for others, especially your elders and women.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Write down your dreams.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or don’t play at all.
10. Always protect your siblings.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
19. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
21. Stand on principle.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Manners maketh the man.
26. Give credit. Take the blame.
27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
29. Remember at times the rain must fall for us to appreciate the sun.
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. Be the bridge builder
32. If ever in doubt, remember whose SON you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary! #legacy
33. Protect her heart.
34. Guard her body.
35. Honor her reputation.
36. Never raise your hand to her.
37. Smile often.
38. Mom will always be your first love.
39. Above it all, follow Jesus
These photos were taken more than a year ago when we visited McGregor, TX.
All photos are copyright © Timothy J. Hammons, 2022.