Time for our year-end reviews of what has been hot over the past year as far as posts I’ve written. I already know the number post for the year without even looking at the stats. As I told Heath on his blog, it is Blue Bell Ice Cream: Top 10 Flavors. When I wrote it on July 5, 2011, I never imagined it would become my top post. Apparently, Blue Bell Ice Cream is extremely popular.
While I wasn’t surprised at that post, there were a few that did catch me off guard and had no idea they are slowly creeping up the charts. So starting with number 2, since I’ve given you number 1 already, here are the rest of the Top 10 Posts of 2013.
- See above.
- Ten Reasons Christianity is Far Superior to Any Other Religion. This one still gets in the crawl of non-believers of every stripe. I had someone lost soul post in the comments section again this week. He wrote:
Just as i have said before,it is very wrong to say your religion is the best.any persons that carries religion on his or her shoulder,does not realy know who god is.christ is just a conscourseness if you dont know,from now as you read this,try to do more resarch.all religions are good for one’s conscourseness.
Needless to say, I disagree. Not sure what conscourseness is, but obviously something from a new Gnostic understanding of religion. The person is probably just parroting their comparative-religion professor, or is a comparative-religion professor. Most of them just come to the same wrong conclusion: all religions are the same. The point of my post is that Christianity is not the same… read it and you will see.
3. Cremation or Burial: A Biblical Perspective. Again, this one seems to be lasting. I’m not sure I agree with my original premise, or at least I hold this one loosely.
4. Top 10 Reasons I Love Christmas. This was written back in 2011, apparently a banner year for me since number 3, 2 and 1 were also written that year.
5. From the Department of “Let’s Just Love Jesus” Comes This. Ok, this one surprised me. Apparently it caught the attention of the Souther Baptists since it is showing one of their own as being weak theologically when it comes to the lost. You know me, I get so tired of Christians saying this. As if we can love Jesus without theology.
6. We Cry Abba/Father, NOT Daddy. Another long running post. This one dates back to 2010.
7. Oreo Cookies: Top 10, 11, 12 … 25 ways to eat them… Another one on food. I confess, after the great success of Blue Bell Ice Cream, I wrote this one just to see if I could get another post with a lot of hits. Since I love Oreos so much, and so many others do as well, it worked.
8. Top 10 Most Noble Jobs in the World. Just a reminder that no matter what our calling is, it is a calling from God and we need to remember to do our jobs as we as if we are serving the LORD.
10. Ishmael: Blessed But Not Chosen. This one moved into the top 10 because it has garnered the attention of Islamists. They have tried to argue, and are probably referring to this post, in their screeds against both Christianity and Judaism.
There you go. Thanks for reading!