Thank you Mother of a Warrior over at Walking With a Warrior blog for nominating me. I do feel honored that you nominated me for this award.
However… I must confess I cannot find anything anywhere telling me anything about the award. Who is Leibster? Why is he giving this award? Do I get to boast about it if a I win? Will I get a funny gold statue to put on my desk if I win? Or is this more about getting the “nomination” instead of the award? Is this some sort of internet practical joke? Hhm? Sounds like the one who started all this is skimping out!
Given all that, and in the sense of “let’s just roll with it and have fun,” I will answer the questions you left me and see if I can find 5 bloggers to nominate as well. I know you told me to nominate 11, but I did find on my searches that the original nominations only required 5. Given my laziness to find 11, I going with 5! Hope you don’t mind.
So, I will nominate 5, and they are to nominate 5 asking their own questions, and so on and so on. When we finally catch up to Liebster, we will demand he picks a winner. This is sort of like, “Where’s Waldo?” of the blogging world.
The Questions I must answer:
1) Why do you blog?
I love to write, express my opinion and correct the wrongs of the world! I love to teach and share more about our faith in Christianity and why it is important and blogging provides me an outlet. Here of late, I must confess my desire to use the outlet has waned. There are so many atrocities in the world, it’s hard focus on any of them, so I have retreated to writing about things that I enjoy and leave the atrocities to the professionals.
2) When did you start blogging?
Back in 2005, after a former-friend suggested I start blogging. Once I did, we realized we didn’t like each any more and quit being friends. He quit blogging as well. I’m still at it and this is actually my third attempt at blogging. My first two blogs I deleted. E, my estranged wife, started one but never wrote anything, so one day I took it over and it became mine. If you go back to those early posts, you can find some of her writings.
3) What has been your biggest learning lesson in life?
Christ is it! The rest of life is a temporary blessing or curse. Being in Christ leads to the ultimate blessings, and all other blessings are passing away, no matter how precious they are in the moment. But the eternal blessings with our eternal family and eternal Savior is worth losing all the temporal blessing for. Not that we should not strive for temporal blessings, but no matter how wonderful those blessings are, the grass still withers.
4) If you could get into someones mind, what would you tell them and why?
I would tell them what I just shared above, but there are so many that I would want to share that with that I’m not sure who I would choose first.
5) What has been your biggest accomplishment?
I’m still hoping my biggest accomplishment is yet to come, but I’m beginning to think I may have missed it. IF SOME OF MY FRIENDS WISH TO CHIME IN HERE, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT… What are my biggest accomplishments???
6) What do you hope to accomplish with the rest of your life?
Remaining faithful to my calling in Christ. Maybe figuring out what my biggest accomplishment really is.
7) What are you most proud of?
This is so humbling. I really can’t answer this, other than to point back to the fact that Christ grabbed a hold of me back in 1990 and He hasn’t let go yet.
8) Who are you most proud of?
I’m proud of my two boys. I love them and miss them and wish they were a part of my every day life. Maybe the LORD will show me grace and bring that about again.
9) Who inspires you to be better?
As a preacher, Voddie Baucham and Alistair Begg. As a father, Andy and Joey, as a pastor, my elders and fellow pastors.
10) How do you contribe to making this world a better place?
Finally, an easy question. The best thing for me to do is continually preach the word of God faithfully so that God may use it in the lives of those who hear. This is the best thing for any pastor to do. Preach the word, faithfully in season and out of season.
11) What’s the funniest joke you know? (Please share)
A Texas Aggie was driving across the English country side trying to get to London. Going against every fiber of his being, he decided to stop in at a pub and ask for directions. He said: “Excuse me sir, I’m trying to get to London. Can you tell me the quickest way?”
The bartender said, “Are you walking or driving?”
The Aggies said, “I’m driving.”
The bartender replied, “That would be the quickest way.”
Here are my questions for my nominees.
- Why do you blog?
- Do you like aquarium fish? Why or why not?
- Who is your favorite historical politician and why? (Jesus is not a politician).
- How did you become conservative in your convictions?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- What is the biggest embarrassment that you can share?
- What is your favorite book, excluding the Bible?
- What is your favorite movie, excluding the Passion of Christ!
- What is your favorite collegiate sports team and why?
- If you could change your profession and become anything in the world, what would it be?
- What is your favorite kind of shoe?
OK, there you have my questions. My nominees are:
- Neil at Eternity Matters.
- Mark at Casting Pearls.
- Alysa at Heart Treasures.
- Dan at The Bumbling Genius
- Stan at Winging It
- Heath at Tides and Turning
Be sure to check out their sites when you get a chance.