Well, at least my top 10. No, I’m not finding my feminine side or any of that blather. There are just a few movies that I do enjoy that fall into the category of “chick flick.” This list was born out of a conversation on Facebook. Here is my list, not in any particular order.
- Sabrina — with Harrison Ford. This is the movie that started the conversation. I like it because the older guy gets the younger, pretty girl. Never mind that he is a billionaire and I am not, it still gives me hope.
- Sense and Sensibility — This is the one with Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant. I sort of identify with the Hugh Grant character, which is why I like it.
- 13 going on 30 — Hey, it’s got Jennifer Garner in it acting like a 13 year old. What’s not to like?
- 50 First Dates — A little on the edgy side, but funny and romantic.
- NottingHill — Again, I identify with the Hugh Grant character. Plus it gives me hope that I will someday get a date with Julia Roberts.
- Spanglish — another movie with Adam Sandler, but this one is not an Adam Sandler movie. This shows his true ability to act.
- Finding Neverland — about the guy who came up with Peter Pan. Based loosely on something that happened somewhere at sometime in history between a man and a woman.
- The Terminal — A great Tom Hanks movie. But maybe not a chick flick.
- For the Love of the Game — A Kevin Costner movie that was supposed to be about baseball with some romance thrown into it, but is really a romance with a few dashes of baseball.
- Kronks New Groove — Hey! It’s a romance!
Ok, there you have it. My Top 10 Chick Flicks of All Times… If this was a serious list it would contain movies like Gone with the Wind and Fiddler on the Roof. But I’ve never seen either and don’t want to.
Give me your favorite chick flicks in the comments sections.