In my previous post, I spoke of the incident on Dogwood Hole No. 1 at Houndslake Country Club. Apparently, my response to the grumpy old ladies was not sufficient to anyone that I have spoken to… Therefore, I propose 10 solutions that have been given to me… Not in any order of importance.
- “It is better to be a bad golfer than to have bad manners.”
- While giving them the one-finger salute, declaring loudly, “I’m pastor Bob Jones, of Cedar Creek Church, and nobody treats me that way!” Cedar Creek is the big, seeker sensitive church in town.
- “Ma’am, why are you not home, humbly serving your husbands!”
- If time is of the essence, then take out my putter to finish out the hole. One long putt at a time.
- “Ma’am, I may be a bad golfer, but with practice, I will get good. However, you will still be ugly.”
- “Ma’am, I was really worried my tee shot was going to hit you. Now, however, I’m sad that it didn’t.”
- “Sticks and stones may break bones, and I’m sure my nine iron can shut you up!”
- “Ma’am, Golf stands for ‘Gentlemen only, ladies forbidden.’ Apparently you don’t fit either category.”
- “Ma’am, I’m a pastor, and you just became one great sermon illustration for total depravity.”
- Hit the ball into the woods, and yell at her to “fetch!”
Please add your suggestions in the comments area. Please keep it clean.